Namaste and Welcome to Gr(AteFull) Eats.
Today I did some theme and site editing if like the way this blog is looking, please leave a comment about what you like specifically.
I’m here to share a new plant based waffle recipe with you. I wanted to try a new recipe since I had been using my “whole wheat waffles” recipe and got tired of it. This new recipe is great. My brothers and I enjoyed these waffles a lot.
Simple and Healthy Plant-Based Waffle Recipe
The plant-based waffles are:
- Not too dense
- Crispy on the crust
- Naturally sweetened with banana
- Made without eggs or uncommon egg substitutes
This plant based recipe yields about 4-5 waffles in a round beligum waffle maker.
Simple and Healthy Plant-Based Waffles Recipe
2 1/2 cups white bread flour
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/6 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sprinkle of Chia Seeds – Learn 6 amazing health benefits to eating chia seeds here
3 cups dairy-free milk (almond, hemp, coconut, soy, etc…) + 2 bananas
(Optional Toppings: strawberries, pecans, blueberries, etc…)
- First, combine the 3 cups dairy free milk and 2 bananas in a blender. Measure out 3 cups of the milk and banana mixture. Pour the 3 cups of mixed liquid into a bowl. Set aside the remainder to save*.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, orange juice, vegetable oil, vanilla and chia seeds to bowl with liquid mixture.
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl together.
- Add oil to waffle maker to prevent waffle from sticking.
- If using a fruit add in, add to bowl before pouring batter into waffle maker. Can also add fruit after cooked if preference towards cold fruit.
- Pour out batter into waffle maker and cook for 3-10 minutes or however long it takes for your waffle light to go from red to green.
- Take out the waffle and enjoy!
*Use the saved mixture of milk and bananas for smoothies or overnight oatmeal later in the week!
I hope you try this plant-based waffle recipe and enjoy it as much as I did.
Namaste from my heart to yours,